[Zope] Python 2.1.1 won't compile

Jan Lentfer Jan.Lentfer@web.de
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 20:13:35 +0200

Hi all,

so I just decided to lear Python I wanted to install Python 2.1.1. I got
the tarball from sourceforge and tried to install it. This is what happens:

fileserver01:~/Python-2.1.1 # ./configure --prefix=/usr
creating cache ./config.cache
checking MACHDEP... linux2
checking for --without-gcc... no
checking for --with-cxx=<compiler>... no
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler
cannot create executables.
fileserver01:~/Python-2.1.1 #

The strange thing is that I could compile Python 1.5.2 and 2.0.1 without
any problems.
I am using SuSE 7.1.
Can anyone help me. Are there libraries missing, something like that?

Many thanks in advance,

Jan

Jan@Mountainbikehq.de
http://www.MountainbikeHQ.de - Your home for DH, DS and CC Mountainbiking