[Zope] Zope not seeing my standard_html_header (was: Newbie list)

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:51:03 +0200

>> From:	Simon Brunning [SMTP:SBrunning@trisystems.co.uk]
>> Is there a Zope-tutor list, like the Python-tutor list at
>> <http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/tutor>?

> Hmmm. I gather not. I can't find one on the Zope resources page, and no
> one
> has directed me to one. So I'll just ask my questions here, if that's OK.

> I'm running Zope 2.4.1 as a service on NT4SP6, and using IR5.5 for my
> browser.

> I'm working through the example given in chapter 5 of 'The Zope Book'. I
> have created 'zoo' folder, containing a 'navigation' DTML method
> containing
> the following:

> <ul>
> <dtml-in expr="objectValues('Folder')">
> </dtml-in>
> </ul>

> Viewing this looks fine - I get a list of links to the subfolders within
> the
> 'zoo' folder.

> I also have a standard_html_header DTML method, as follows.

> <head><title><dtml-var title_or_id></title></head>
> <dtml-var navigation>

> Again, when I view this it all looks fine.

> Lastly, I have an index_html DTML document as follows:

> <dtml-var standard_html_header>

> <h1>Welcome to the Zope Zoo</h1>
> <b><dtml-var getId></b> section.</p>

> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>

> Viewing this, I have two problems. Firstly, the <dtml-var getId> is
> rendered
> as 'index_html', whereas I was expecting to see 'zoo', the name of the
> folder. Secondly, the navigation stuff from the standard_html_header is
> missing altogether.

Try to makeyou index_html a DTML Method (instead of Document). This should
help. And read about the differences of DTML Methods vs. Documents, this
explains it.

cheers,
oliver