[Zope] Re: fastcgi and site root

Behrens Matt - Grand Rapids Matt.Behrens@Kohler.Com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 09:36:14 -0400

Matt Behrens wrote:

> Before I start my tale of woe, I've been all over zope.org and the
> mailing list archives, but I may have missed something.  Please borrow
> my clue-by-four to whack me over the head with if I did. :-)

*snatching the clue-by-four for self-flagellation*

----
LoadModule fastcgi_module /oracle/local/Apache/libexec/mod_fastcgi.so
AddModule mod_fastcgi.c

FastCgiIpcDir /tmp
FastCgiExternalServer /oracle/local/Apache/Apache/fcgi/Zope.fcgi \
         -socket zope.soc -pass-header Authorization

DirectoryIndex index_html
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^/(.*) /oracle/local/Apache/Apache/fcgi/Zope.fcgi/$1 [L]

<Directory /oracle/local/Apache/Apache/fcgi>
AddHandler fastcgi-script .fcgi
AllowOverride none
Options ExecCGI
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
----

Why this makes a difference is entirely unclear to me, but it does.  Oh,
/oracle/local/Apache/Apache/fcgi must exist.  Thanks to Roug's howto
(<http://www.zope.org/Members/Roug/fastcgi_and_rootfolder>), which I
thought didn't apply but did with a little coaxing :-)

--
Matt Behrens <matt.behrens@kohler.com>
System Analyst, Baker Furniture