[Zope] Re: zope hosting

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 22:13:16 +0200

> Hi,
>

> wouldn't the entry-level Zope hosting be something to be organized by the
> EuroZope Verein ?

Yes, that's a very good idea. But it still means that somebody has to do the
work or pay professionals for doing it ;-)

I think it is rather trivial to set up automated Zope hosting, even with
full Zope instances, if we can skip the e-mail and domain name part (e.g. if
we just offer "accounts.eurozope.org/MyAccount"-style accounts).

There is one legal issue: We might be responsible for all the content.
Remember that people have started using free zope.org accounts for doing bad
things already, so that might be something to keep in mind ...

And: At least we at iuveno pay for every single MByte of traffic, so we
would well be able to sponsor the hardware, but not want to pay for all the
"free" traffic ...

Cheers

Joachim (Werner)