[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] Simple question about namespaces

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 00:34:53 +0200 (CEST)

... redirected to "zope@zope.org"....
Sidnei da Silva writes:
 > Im having trouble at two points:
 > * First, in making the Specialized Template look over at the Main Template
 > under not found some content (like i said, the specialized content may
 > containt one or two images inside a images folder). Ive tried doing this by
 > overriding the __bobo_traverse__ method of the Specialized Template, but it
 > not worked.
I do not understand what you want.

  If you want the following behaviour:

    take a specialized template if it exists, otherwise
    take a standard template, then you have several options:

      *  use "hasattr" to check for existance:

           <dtml-let selectedTemplate="_.hasattr(Special,'template') and Special.template or Standard.template">
	   </dtml-let>

      *  use techniques similar to

         <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/Localizer.py>

      *  use acquisition magic:

           Templates/
	     ...standardTemplates...
	     SpecializedTemplates/

 > * Second, when i call the Content Folder, it is needed to apply the template
 > to it. The content has a property that says what is the Specialized Template
 > that has to be applied when calling it, so, when i call:
 >
 > http://www.mysite.com/ContentFolder
 >
 > i need to apply the template to the folder, maybe calling:
 >
 > http://www.mysite.com/MainTemplate/SpecializedTemplate/ContentFolder
I would be astonished when this would do what you want!

But, a SiteAccess AccessRule may allow you to realize what you want.
HowTo's at "zope.org".

Dieter