[Zope] keyError problem when displaying string values of a Z SQL Method

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:26:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hamzat kamal writes:
 > I strictly followed the explanation on ch 10 of the zope book.
 >
 > Kindly, point out what i am doing wrong here.
 >
 > <dtml-in list_all_employees>
 > <li><dtml-var emp_id>: <dtml-var firstName> <dtml-var lastName> </li>
 > </dtml-in>
 >
 > because i keep getting this error
 > Error Type: KeyError
 > Error Value: firstName
Maybe the same error (?), I spend hours to find:

  Some databases are so intelligent :-( that they convert
  all names into either all lower or all upper case.

  In my case, I had defined an Oracle table with column names
  containing mixed case. Oracle had converted all names
  to all-upper-case. Therefore, my mixed case references
  from Zope gave me "KeyError".

  It learned from this: never use mixed-case with Oracle!

Dieter