[Zope] LoginManager or exUserFolder

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:30:30 +0200

> | One other thing I did run into is that roles in my user source are a
> | separate table with a foreign key back to the username, rather than
> | space-separated as a column in the user table - for that reason, the
default
> | SQL user source wouldn't work for me (since as it happens I do store the
> | crypt in the table at the moment - so near and yet so far).
> |
> | I probably could have done a fiendish CREATE VIEW... but I had about ten
> | minutes of downtime to get the site from 2.3 to 2.4.1! I'll take a look
at
> | it again in a test setup.
>
> The SQL Methods used are actually created inside the pgAuthSource Folder
> inside the acl_users. Should be pretty simple to do some sort of join, or
> alter the method inside pgAuthSource to fetch the roles seperately.
>
> You just have to munge the roles into a list before returning out of the
> authSource though.

Hm... that'd be my next ask here at work. I am planning on building a new
Generic SQL auth method that let's you specify what roles there are for a
user using a one to many relationship model (actually a many to many
relationship model).

Also I want to break out the PostgreSQL dependencies, especially in the
prop_source where both the field names and the table name are hardcoded in
the python code.

/dadrio