[Zope] Large file downloading - slow response - solved.

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:22:18 -0500

On Mon, Sep 24, 2001 at 08:01:05PM +0300, Heimo Laukkanen wrote:

> For my 8 MB file it took about a minute ( I logged it with the -M
> option ). Now my question is, that is there a way of improving this
> performance and is that one minute time normal for others too? How
> have users responded, for example while using Document Library
> product with large files?

Odd. It took me about 3 seconds to download a 13MB tgz file from the
ZODB (no LocalFS, no ExtFile) on the local network. The file is at
http://www.cae.tntech.edu/help/unix/gnucash_tgz if you're interested
in comparing. We do have Apache with mod_rewrite/mod_proxy sitting in
front of Zope 2.3.2, too.

So it might be a local configuration issue, I don't think we've done
anything odd with Zope, and anything relevant we've done in Apache
should be documented in my Vhost docs at www.zope.org/Members/mwr

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu