[Zope] ZRTChat - updated

Danny William Adair danny@adair.net
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:56:16 +1200

Hi Jim!

It's really cool of you to give ZRTChat these refreshing improvements. It's
AFAIK Zope's only native Chat product, and it hasn't been worked on for quite
a while. Thank you.

I found one little issue when checking "add default DTML methods" upon
instance creation of a ZRTChat object:

ZRTChat.py, line 101 (add_default_DTML):
t = open(os.path.join(SOFTWARE_HOME,'Products','ZRTChat','www',k[0])+'.dtml')

On a server with an "INSTANCE_HOME" installation and the ZRTChat product
installed only in that subfolder, the dtml-files won't be found...

Zope's looking for them in Zope_Main/lib/python/Products/ZRTChat instead of
Zope_Main/My_Zope/Products/ZRTChat, or maybe even
Zope_Main/My_Zope/lib/python/Products/ZRTChat, this is also possible since
Version (was it?) 2.4

Danny