[Zope] ZRTChat - updated

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 22:14:47 -0400

Danny William Adair wrote:

>Hi Jim!
>
>It's really cool of you to give ZRTChat these refreshing improvements. It's
>AFAIK Zope's only native Chat product, and it hasn't been worked on for quite
>a while. Thank you.
>
>I found one little issue when checking "add default DTML methods" upon
>instance creation of a ZRTChat object:
>
>ZRTChat.py, line 101 (add_default_DTML):
>t = open(os.path.join(SOFTWARE_HOME,'Products','ZRTChat','www',k[0])+'.dtml')
>
>On a server with an "INSTANCE_HOME" installation and the ZRTChat product
>installed only in that subfolder, the dtml-files won't be found...
>
>Zope's looking for them in Zope_Main/lib/python/Products/ZRTChat instead of
>Zope_Main/My_Zope/Products/ZRTChat, or maybe even
>Zope_Main/My_Zope/lib/python/Products/ZRTChat, this is also possible since
>Version (was it?) 2.4

Thank-you Danny.

I see the problem.  I don't know anything about INSTANCE_HOME, but I see
that I can get INSTANCE_HOME from the same place I get SOFTWARE_HOME.

So this may be a simple os.path.exists question?  I sure hope so. Or is
there an easier way to determine where the software is?  Just getting
www/filename hasn't worked for me.

On an INSTANCE_HOME'd installation, is

os.path.join(INSTANCE_HOME,'Products')

the equivalent of