[Zope] Re: Zope Splitter

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 22:47:44 +0200 (CEST)

We want to have all questions go to the list....
Reply redirected....

Toves,Jenny writes:
 > I have been tasked with getting our textindex to index words that are all
 > digits (such as '123'). I saw an archive with a message
 > (<http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/AE534A02934E861
 > 2>
 > ) from you that looks like you have fixed a similar problem. Is modifying
 > the spliiter code the only way to fix it? Did you get it compiled and
 > re-installed? Was the HowTo mentioned in the response to your message
 > helpful?
I updated the splitter in order to get UTF-8 strings indexed.
Someone else extended the splitter for recognizing numbers
and words with less than 3 characters.

There have been no problems at all when I modified and recompiled
the splitter (under Unix!). I just edited the code and
started "make" in the corresponding directory. That was it...

Dieter