[Zope] remote address

Timothy Wilson wilson@visi.com
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 10:57:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Mike Renfro wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 11:35:24AM +0800, Fritz Mesedilla wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to use ProxyVia with mod_rewrite since we use rewrite
> > to hide the port number and folder of the zope websites?
>
> I haven't tried it yet, but it looks like if you use the [P] directive
> in your RewriteRules, it'll hand it off to mod_proxy, and in that case
> you'd get access to the ProxyVia stuff.

Won't you still have the problem that your REQUEST will still contain the
proxy itself, not the actual machine requesting the Web page? That's what I
get anyway. Last I heard, you need to patch Apache to get it to send another
HTTP header with the "real" requester information.

Is this still true? (I'm using Apache 1.3.9, BTW)

-Tim

--
Tim Wilson      |   Visit Sibley online:   | Check out:
Henry Sibley HS |  http://www.isd197.org   | http://www.zope.com