[Zope] Testing multiple values for existance - still

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:54:37 +0200 (CEST)

Oliver Sturm writes:
 > On 25.09.2001 22:41:31 +0200 Dieter Maurer <dieter@handshake.de> wrote:
 > >  > - How exactly is the expression "foo" defined?
 > > The expression "foo" is defined as "foo"....
 >
 > I was thinking of "foo" as a Zope expression like in <dtml-if foo>. Like I
 > wrote in the other thread, there must be some internal method that Zope uses
 > to do that existence and value check. Why can't I use that from the Python
 > expression? (Yes, I know that now, I can do the same thing, only I thought
 > it was a little more intuitive.)

Again, you stopped reading too early!

   The section following the one quoted above explained
   how "foo" is interpreted in a boolean context
   (such as the "dtml-if").

   It is the same way as in Python with the exception
   that "dtml-if" considers a missing name as false
   while Python considers a missing name as an exception...

Please read my replies carefully!

   It takes time to prepare them and it is unfriendly
   to ignore essential parts of them and
   therefore follow-up with an additional question.

   I may use the kill-file facility of my newsreader
   to protect myself....

Dieter