[Zope] Structured text

Oliver Sturm sturm@oliver-sturm.de
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 14:25:27 +0200

Hi!

I'm making extensive use of structured text in a web page, which users can
change within the predefined layouts. Kudos to the inventor of the idea!

Now I have found that there's another product (?) available by now, called
something like STX documents, that seems to be in beta stadium. What's the
purpose of that? Is it supposed to be the future of the standard
implementation of structured text for the standard Zope distribution or
rather a standalone product? Should I be using that instead of the standard
structured text in Zope 2.4?

My second question is about extensibility. I have found that there are
things I'd like to be included in structured text. Are there ways to extend
functionality without hacking source? Say I want a single line containing

---

to be interpreted as <hr width="80%">, how can I extend structured text to
do this? (It's not possible yet, is it?)

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Oliver

--
Oliver Sturm / <sturm@oliver-sturm.de>