[Zope] Copying files from a SiteRoot folder

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 13:02:28 +0400

On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 11:03:59PM -0400, Trevor Toenjes wrote:
> SiteRoot seems to be preventing me from using ZMI to copy/cut files to other
> areas in Zope.
> Is there a solution?  (OR is there a different SiteRoot-type product that
> allows this?)

   This is long-standing obscure problem in Zope. I know many Zope
instllations that have the problem. SiteRoot is only part of the problem -
I know Zope installations that don't use SiteRoor at all - and still have
copy/paste problem.
   All these installation use Apache, but in different configuration.
Different ways to connect to Zope - Zope.cgi, mod_pcgi2, mod_fastcgi,
mod_proxy - and ll have the problem. Connecting directly to Zope (usually
port 8080) fixes the problem.
   It seems we have a very strange Apache problem.

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru