[Zope] Invalid connection string: when using ZODBC Connection with a MsAccess Db

Hamzat kamal hamzatk@dnetsystems.net
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 18:27:55 +0200

Good day,

For the first time I was trying to create a Db connection with ZODBC
Adapter to my MSAccess Db.

This was the error displayed when I clicked Add .

Invalid connection string: trans hamzat webmaster

Traceback (innermost last):
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
223, in publish_module
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
187, in publish
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 226, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
     (Object: LockableItem)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
171, in publish
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
     (Object: manage_addZODBCConnection)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line
112, in call_object
     (Object: manage_addZODBCConnection)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Products\ZODBCDA\DA.py, line
104, in manage_addZODBCConnection
     (Object: LockableItem)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py,
line 132, in __init__
     (Object: RoleManager)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py,
line 161, in edit
     (Object: RoleManager)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py,
line 240, in connect
     (Object: RoleManager)
   File C:\Program Files\WebSite\lib\python\Products\ZODBCDA\db.py, line
155, in __init__
BadRequest: (see above)

trans -is my specified data source name( the name of my MSaccess Database)

hamzat -is my specified user id

webmaster -is my specified password.

Kindly help to correct what I am doing wrong.

Another thing that is not clear to me is that do I have to move the Db to a
particular directory in the zope installation directory.

Thanks.
Kamal