[Zope] roxen with zope

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 18:22:13 +0100

On 29/9/01 4:00 pm, "Andrew Kenneth Milton" <akm@theinternet.com.au> wrote:

> +-------[ Tony McDonald ]----------------------
> |
> | Sorry, should have been more specific. The images are not showing up. I=
f I
> | select the image URL and enter it into the address bar, I get a Pike er=
ror;
>=20
> When all else fails, brute force and ignorance prevail.
>=20
> MATCH ^([a-z]*)$ CALL http://127.0.0.1:8080\1 RXML
> MATCH ^([A-Z]*)$ CALL http://127.0.0.1:8080\1 RXML
> MATCH ^([0-9]*)$ CALL http://127.0.0.1:8080\1 RXML
> MATCH ^/$ http://127.0.0.1:8080/ RXML
>=20
> substitute your URL obviously d;)

Many thanks to Andrew for all his help - I'd have got nowhere otherwise;

Ok, here's as far as I got, as a couple of people (Phil, Magnus) were keen
to see how I got on and I'm running out of steam on this for now ;)

This set of rules almost works (warning - these 5 lines have wrapped).

LOCATION /internal-roxen-unit CALL / RAW
MATCH ^/([A-Z])(.*)$ CALL
http://localhost:12345/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:8888/VirtualHostRoot/=
\
1\2 RXML
MATCH ^/([a-z])(.*)$ CALL
http://localhost:12345/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:8888/VirtualHostRoot/=
\
1\2 RXML
MATCH ^/([0-9])(.*)$ CALL
http://localhost:12345/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:8888/VirtualHostRoot/=
\
1\2 RXML
MATCH ^/$=20
http://localhost:12345/VirtualHostBase/http/localhost:8888/VirtualHostRoot/=
ndex_html RXML

The roxen server is listening on port 8888, whilst ZServer is on 12345. I
know these rules are more complex than they need to be, but they do work -
of a sorts.

Images from /_internal/ are forwarded through, so you do see images from
gtext, tablist and atlas for example. This is pretty neat.

Other Roxen tags are rendered too. One very useful one is the tablify tag
that renders nice tables around data dumps.

The bad news is that /internal-roxen-unit doesn't get through, so tags such
as obox (which uses the single pixel gif that is basically what
/internal-roxen-unit is) don't render correctly. That's ok though, you can
create a single pixel gif called internal-roxen-unit at the root zope level
and get around it that way).

The really bad news is that the manage and manage_main authentication just
will not work. Nothing I've tried will allow an authentication dialog to po=
up - you just get the SiteError:Unauthorized error with the usual traceback

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File /home/zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 223=
,
in publish_module
  File /home/zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 187=
,
in publish
  File /home/zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 162=
,
in publish
  File /home/zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/BaseRequest.py, line
463, in traverse
  File /home/zope/Zope-2.4.1-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/HTTPResponse.py, lin=
581, in unauthorized
Unauthorized: (see above)
-->

The HTTP Relay module in Roxen allows for headers to be passed through to
the server (by adding RAW after RXML above) and this is *supposed* to pass
through all headers. The browser never gets the data however, and you just
watch the ie logo spin (tried with Mozilla too - same response).

I tried TRIMHEADERS, CACHE and STREAM as well - no joy.

That=B9s it, I'm stuck now. Anyone else want to take this on for a while? :)

Tone.
--=20
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140
A Zope list for UK HE/FE  http://www.fmcc.org.uk/mailman/listinfo/zope