[Zope] unix security patch

notices name notices@fiberfolk.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:04:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi. I am trying to use the UNIX security patch by zigg last modified 2002/01/23.
I am running zope 2.5.0 on Red Hat Linux 7.2, so I used Zope-2.5.0b3-unix-security.patch.
I am new to both Unix and Zope. Nothing like a challenge, eh?
Anyway, the patch utility ran without a hitch, and then I went back and changed the start script
to add -u zope to start as my "zope" user. I get
Cannot safely setuid without initgroups
I ran the install script over again, and still get this error.
In the instructions it says "you must run the build script" and refers to a c module. What build script?
Won't the install script compile this module? I found something called initgroups.c and I believe I have a c compiler, because the command cc acts like it wants to compile something, but if I do cc initgroups.c, I get
initgroups.c:28:20: Python.h No such file or directory
and the initgroups.c looks a lot like python to me. But I don't know c.
The only thing I know now is that I am over my head. Thanks for any help.
Annie