[Zope] manage_addFile won't work

Mark Spencer markwspencer@bigpond.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 23:02:46 +1000

We are using Zope 2.3.2 & python 1.5.2 on both machines. I don't have easy
access to the remote machine as it is 100's of km away, so I assume I can't
use debug mode on that computer. But we disabled access to some ports on our
router, and may have done the same with Zope. I can upload files to that
server using the Zope management interface, but can't do it using the code
below (even though the same code works fine on my local Zope Server). So
could the problem be that Zope uses different ports for uploading with the
management interface rather than with code? Looking at the html comments
section doesn't help me, unless this is of use to you:
<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
  File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223, in
publish_module
  File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\Zope\__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 162, in
publish
  File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\BaseRequest.py, line 372,
in traverse
  File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\HTTPResponse.py, line 547,
in notFoundError
NotFound: (see above)
-->
Or might I need special permissions to upload over the web (I have manager
permission), or have to write an external method?

Any help is appreciated,
Mark Spencer