[Zope] W2K Cron Question: Solved

hpinson@indepthl.com hpinson@indepthl.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 08:33:02 -0700

The Xron product, did the trick.  Xron is a product that allows a
timed event to be triggered internal to Zope.

What I did was; install the product, and add an instance. This places
a schedule object (Z Catalog I think) in your site root, and and Xron
DTML method wherever locally you want it.  Give it an ID, Execute
At (starting time, in some time format Zope understands), and
Reschedule Interval (nightly in my case).  Then add dtml to the
method (in this case a method that calls a python script that calls
ZSQL directly.)   It seems to work very well.

Now a question.  How stable is Xron?  It still seems to be in
development.

Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning
Email: hpinson@indepthl.com