[Zope] manage_addFile won't work

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 20:08:57 +0200

Mark Spencer writes:
 > ... file upload reports "notFoundError" on remote server, but works fine
 > on local server ...
 > I can upload files to that
 > server using the Zope management interface, but can't do it using the code
 > below (even though the same code works fine on my local Zope Server). So
 > could the problem be that Zope uses different ports for uploading with the
 > management interface rather than with code?
Zope does not use different ports for normal HTTP conversastions
of file uploads, nor are ports different for ZMI access and
other HTTP requests (unless you do something special, e.g.
put Apache in between for some type of requests but not the other).

 > Looking at the html comments
 > section doesn't help me, unless this is of use to you:
 > <!--
 > Traceback (innermost last):
 >   File C:\PROGRA~1\ZOPEWE~1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 223, in
It there nothing before the traceback?

I saw error pages with the precise URL that had the problems.

The traceback as it is does not tell something interesting (as you
expected)

Dieter