R: [Zope] Discussion: Best practice site struture (LONG)

Zanotti Michele zanotti.m@apss.tn.it
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 18:43:45 +0200

Hi Max,
Your mail is very interesting for me, but I think I have missed something (I
don't have experience with big sites and I'm reading your -i think- minimal
product howto... so excuse me if I am trivial). In my opinion in Zope
approach the structure of the site isn't so important, objects have
properties and properties permit several (logical) views of the site and
this is Zope's strength. For example (I'm only trying to explain my point of
view), a teacher's document can have an author-name property, an author-role
property, a course property, a topic property..., so it isn't important if
the teacher changes school or work... (For several months I have used Zope
only because it makes rapid to do simple work with rdbms, but now I think
that Zope power is in ZODB). So I think Zope changes the problem from 'site
structure' to 'find correct properties'. Can you tell me where I'm wrong?
Thank you.
Michele