[Zope] HTMLWithImages.py

Lennart Regebro lennart@torped.se
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 20:01:38 +0200

From: "Tom Deprez" <tom.deprez@uz.kuleuven.ac.be>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 4:18 PM
Subject: [Zope] HTMLWithImages.py

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at the HTMLWithImages.py file in the StructuredText folder.
Now,
> in the document method, I can see
>
>  if hasattr(doc, 'key'):
>
> Now, I know what this code means, but I do not know how to put 'key'  in
the
> structured text so that it will be used by the parser...
> Anybody an idea?

The code checks that the object "doc" has an attribute "key". How to make
that object have that key depends entirely upon what that object is. Since
you don't tell us, it's impossible to know, unless you have intimate
knowledge of the python file in question, but some guesse can be made:

1. Either the object "doc" is an object in the Zope database. In that case
it may be a property manager, and then you can set a property.

2. Or that object is something else completely, and then the attribute "key"
must be set somewhere in the python code.

In short: This is a classic sample of asking the wrong question. Nobody can
tell you how to do something, unless you tell them what it is you are trying
to do.

So: What are you trying to accomplish?