[Zope] I realize my first an oracle connection ;-)

FR Chalaoux frchalaoux@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:45:16 +0200

Hi,

Thanks to Z.org (DC)

I compiled DCOracle2 on a sun machine with Zope-2.4.1 and the result is
there ;-)

I did a connection to an Oracle instance (8.1.7) of my machine and an
another a local network machine hosting the same kind of installation. The
connection were realize from the first one.

It was really difficult to catch the right information on Zope.org and
related mailing-lists, howtos, etc. 2 or 3 adaptaters were proposed in
Products panel but only DCOracle2 gave me the power to connect me rapidly !!
The others DA mixed with DCOracle2 or DCOracle gave me troubles in their
explanations and their explanations again.

Is DCOracle2 really suffisant to work fully with Oracle or do I need an
anther Adpatator Product ?

FR