[Zope] Squid, SQLSession and caching

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:04:30 -0400

Not sure how to even state this question:
Using SQLSession against MySQL on Zope 2.51b1 on Linux RH7.2

I added the Session checking code to my standard_html_header. It sets up the
session and then checks if the session has the 'user' key. If it does, the
code in that branch is processed which is basically a top nav bar which
grabs some SQL data and builds nav links based on it. Otherwise it generates
a redirect back to the login page. That is the standard_html_header

That file is called on every one of pages within this folder (except ZSQL
methods.)

I usually have to login twice and sometimes even after logging in twice and
I get data, it will revert back to a previous login. A hard refresh (IE5.5)
will set it back but another refresh does it again! Back and forth.
Sometimes it will hold for a few links (to generate views from ZSQL methods)
and then switch back again.

Tried using this to defeat caching:
<HEAD><dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Cache-Control','private, no-store,
no-cache')">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Expires', '-1')">
<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Pragma','no-cache')">
<!-- it's here -->
<!-- cache header -->
</HEAD>

....but it does not seem to make a difference.

Too much? Not enough detail? Could it just be a Squid-induced thing?

Thanks!!!

Allen