[Zope] cookie authentication and virtual hosting

Júlio Dinis Silva juliodinis@hotmail.com
Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:53:41 +0100

Hi,

I've been searching for a cookie authentication product virtual
hosting aware, i.e, when setting a cookie the product sets the domain
part in a explicit way.

I tested CookieCrumbler and CookieUserFolder but this ones define
the domain part implicitly, i.e, because the setCookie function doesnt set
the domain part it uses for the domain part the domain of the site "where
you are". What I was looking for was something that
uses the came_from var of CookieCrumbler to define the domain part.

Anyone knows a cookie authentication product with handlers for
the "domain" part of the Response.setCookie method?

I know there are some patchs to take care of the "path" soo I was
looking if someone had the need to patch the domain part due to
virtual hosting setups/handlings.

See you,
Julio Dinis Silva