[Zope] Mysql user auth products?

Richard Wesley hawkfish@electricfish.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 10:32:43 -0700

At 8:11 PM +0100 4/8/02, Paul wrote:
>Hi,
>	I have had a look at this product and read the docs, but I am
>unclear how this will allow me to authenticate against a mysql database.
>Postgresql is supported however. Any hints greatly appreciated.

I just did this, so here goes...

- I created an ex User Folder in the folder I wish to protect.
- I chose a user authentication source;
- I chose a null Properties and Membership source;
- I chose cookie-based authentication;

You will then have a container called usAuthSource.  If you go look
at the source for this in the exUserFolder package on your drive
(lib/python/Products/exUserFolder/usAuthSource/usAuthSource.py), you
will be able to determine all the scripts you need to implement:

usCreateUser
usCryptPassword (only if your pwds are not kept in cleartext)
usDeleteUsers
usListOneUser
usListUserNames
usListUsers (do this one _first_)
usUpdateUser

I found it helpful to create sql scripts to wrap the db operations:

sqlCreateUser
sqlDeleteOneUser
sqlListOneUser
sqlListUsers
sqlUpdateUser

BTW, it is very helpful to do these one at a time and test them
_under another name_ before you rename them to usXXX.  If you don't,
you may have to move out to the top and back out your changes.

HTH,

- rmgw

http://www.electricfish.com/hawkfish/

Richard Wesley           Electric Fish, Inc.       hawkfish@electricfish.com

"Grownups have the most uninteresting explanations for things."
                  - C. S. Lewis, _The Magician's Nephew_