[Zope] Zope and IIS

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:07:12 -0400

[Andy McKay]

> Does that essentially do a redirect, rather than any sort of proxy?
>
> Hoping-there-wasnt-a-really-obvious-answer-under-my nose-ly yours
> --

Well, they __call__ it a redirect, and I didn't have to set up any proxy
settings, so yes, I think it really is a redirect rather than a proxy.
Also, at the browser, the url in the location display really becomes the
actual Zope url after the redirect.

The solution I described only redirects one exact URL, but if someone tried
to enter lower down in the folder tree it wouldn't be redirected.  There is
supposed to be a way to handle that too (with "redirect variables", I think)
, but I don't know how to do it yet.  I've only had IIS installed for about
an hour, though, so I don't know much.

Cheers,

Tom P