[Zope] Session Mgmt. with Session Id Manager

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:15:00 -0400

Nice, but not very helpful I found. A simple HowTo would have helped =
more.=20

We have been using SQLSession for a while and its been working well but =
we
feel there may be issues with Squid and ZEO and many ZEO clients on
different boxes. And, se figured since  the new Sessioning stuff is =
built
in, maybe now is a good time to switch.

So, the questions:

Which of the session-type things need to be added where? Data Managers, =
ID
managers, Transient containers??

In SQLSession, I *dtml-call Session* at the top of every page that will =
use
sessions (in standard_header) and then use *dtml-call
SESSION.set(name,value)* and *dtml-var SESSION['name']* whenever I want =
set or get something from the session.

Does anyone have specifics on how to do this simplest of things with =
the new
Sessioning tools?

Thanks!!!!

-Allen