R: [Zope] Discussion: Best practice site struture (LONG)

Max M maxm@mxm.dk
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 14:49:39 +0200

Adam Manock wrote:

> This kind of analysis of the data set that we want to work with, along
> with the practice of mapping the analysis to tables, attributes and
> constraints is well established in the RDBMS world.
> I have yet to get my head around mapping a complicated data set and
> the relationships between the data elements to an object database,
> like the ZODB :-) So, for now at least, the answer is   PostgreSQL,
> and we use it *alot*.

Well in fact it is VERY easy to do in the ZODB. My mxmRelations product
does exactly this.

Only, a product like that should be in the core.

More can be read here:

http://www.zope.org/Members/maxm/productList/mxmRelations

It has the disatvantage of not scaling very well, though it works nicely
for most "normal" sized websites. But I will rewrite it at some time.

It's currently at ver. 0.2, but I am using 0.3 in production right now
that has a few added features.

regards Max M