[Zope] Testing interactive products

Gabriel Genellina gagenellina@softlab.com.ar
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:37:28 -0300

Hi

I have an interactive product that behaves like a 'wizard', with many
stages and links and choices along the path the user can take. I want to
test it, and of course a "random-click-and-select-here-and-there" is
inadmisible as a testing practice.
I need at least documented, repeatable test cases, with its inputs and
expected output. And a way to perform a  set of test cases (automatically
would be great).
This is not strictly a Zope question, because the same thing could happen
in many other interactive applications but I guess someone has got into
this before.
I dont want to write down things like "Write XXX on first input box, then
select item YYY from list, then press CONTINUE button. Next page must have
a list of 4 items, each with a blue icon and a link to...". I want to do
the test  in a more automatic way, but I cant realize how to do that...
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Gabriel Genellina
Softlab SRL