[Zope] zope file system limits

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:45:07 -0400

[John Hunter]

> I am running a zope server on which I store a lot of 5+ MB files on
> the zope filesystem.  When one of the users tried to upload a 28MB
> file today, she got a Error 28 insufficient space.  There is
> sufficient space on both the data and root partitions that the zope
> server lives on, so I don't think that is the problem.  Does the zope
> filesystem have size limits that are in the range of 30MB?

No.  People have often run out of space on the drive or partition where
temporary files are stored - the upload apparently is  stored as a temporary
file until it is complete.  It could also be a limit the server imposes on
individual users, but that doesn't seem to be reported very often.

Cheers,

Tom P