[Zope] how to overwrite webdav.NullResource.NullResource.PUT

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:33:54 +0200

Marcus Schopen writes:
 > >  > The following doesn't work:
 > >  >
 > >  > [...]
 > >  > import webdav.NullResource
 > >  >
 > >  > def myPUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
 > >  >    [original code]
 > >  >
 > >  > webdav.NullResource.NullResource.PUT = myPUT
 >
 > > In what way does it not work?
 > >
 > > It should...
 >
 > When creating objects through FTP access ZOPE (on Linux) gives no tracebacks. FTP upload just hangs.
 > That's why I can't figure out the exact problem. Any idea to debug that?
I would insert a

	import pdb; pdb.set_trace()

at an appropriate place. Zope will stop, when it executes this code.
If Zope was started in a terminal window, you can use PDB
(--> Python documentation) commands to analyse the state and
single step through the code.

An alternative would be to find the "try except" that intercepts
the exception and add a "from traceback import print_exc; print_exc()"
in the "except" clause.

Dieter