[Zope] Getting the contents of an acquired dtml method in a python script

Howard Hansen howardh@halfmagic.com
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 18:37:07 -0700

I'm sure this is something simple, but none of my searches have uncovered
the magical sequence.

I've got several sites running from a single Zope folder.  Some of the
content and much of the functionality is shared among the different states.
Each state folder contains dtml methods containing state-specific
information (abbreviation, the id number used in the database, etc.)

My script needs to get the contents of the abbreviation method for some URL
munging, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it via script.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Howard Hansen
http://howardsmusings.com

P.S., I figured out a clunky workaround -- just passing the stateid as an
argument to the script, but I'm still curious about how to do this.