[Zope] External Method Problem

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 14:18:41 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Dennis Allison wrote:

> I am having a problem getting this external method to function.
> The external method is called from a DTML method which is the
> action for a form--the DTML method is used to delegate the action
> to this External Method.
>
> Basically this External Method takes some information from a form, munges
> it a bit, puts it into an XML wrapper and then wants to store it as a
> ParsedXML object in the target folder.  It needs to be an external method
> because re.split() is not "safe".
>
> -------the  method in abbreviated  form is as follows ---------------
>
> def manifest2xml( self, str, targetfolder, REQUEST, RESPONSE ):
>    import re

A bit more information, possibly not clear from my initial posting.
In the context of the manifest2xml External Method:

self points to the folder in which the material is to be added.  For
example, self.title_or_id() produces the correct value.

str is the string to be processed and is passed in correctly.

targetfolder is a string used during the processing of str and is not
part of anything here.

REQUEST and RESPONSE are passed in but not used in the current
implementation.

-dra