[Zope] Re: Extensionless Files in Dreamweaver from ZOPE

matt carey matt@textmatters.com
Tue, 16 Apr 2002 17:18:56 +0100

Harlow Pinson wrote:

[snip]
> Dreamweaver 4 cannot open a file with no extension, like
> index_html, in WYSYWIG mode, though it can open it using the
> HTML inspector.
[snip]

i have a way around this which will shortly be at the following url:
http://www.zope.org/Members/careymatt/dreamweaver_dtml_objects

basically its an extension for dreamweaver, which once loaded using
the extension manager, will let the application understand (to some
extent) dtml tags. some of the 'features' include:

-- you can see your dtml page in the wysywig view
(though if you have your body tags and any stylesheets in a common
html header it won't pick them up). in most cases this will only
cause problems with the look of the page

-- it won't flash up dtml tags as unrecognised code and write them
into the body of the page, thus ruining any page layouts

-- common dtml tags represented by different icons

-- a dtml pane in the objects palette from where you can insert a
dtml tag

i have a few things left to finish plus the installer file, which
is taking a while as there are a lot of files to insert into
dreamweaver. hopefully in about a week this will be available for
everyone to use and give me feedback...

cheers

matt

Matt Carey
Text Matters
37 Upper Redlands Road,            Information design:
Reading RG1 5JE, UK                We help explain things using
phone +44 (0)118 986 8313                .language
fax   +44 (0)118 931 3743                .design
email matt@textmatters.com               .systems
web   http://www.textmatters.com         .process