[Zope] student folders

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:21:23 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Bill Kerr wrote:

> I'm a school teacher and want to set up a folder structure of users in
> Zope consisting of school class names, such as 12ITSAS, and then
> individual folders at the next level down for each individual student,
> Student1, Student2, Student3 etc.
>
> I would like the students to have read only and copy rights at the
> 12ITSAS level folder and manager rights in their individual, Student1,
> Student2 folders.
>
> In that way I can provide them with resources within the 12ITSAS folder
> that they can't change at that level but which they can copy and change
> at the level of their folders.
>
> I can't see how to do that efficiently using the Zope security model.
> When I provide students with Manager rights at the level of their
> individual folders (Student1, Student2 etc) then they can't access the
> 12ITSAS folder because that is at a higher level. And of course if I
> give them Manager rights at the 12ITSAS folder level then they can
> modify what I supply them and invade each others folders.

define all your students at the level above, with no roles, then give them
different local roles (security tab) on the different sub-folders.

hth.

PS : and please don't post in HTML.

Jerome Alet - alet@unice.fr - http://cortex.unice.fr/~jerome
Fac de Medecine de Nice        http://wwwmed.unice.fr
Tel: (+33) 4 93 37 76 30     Fax: (+33) 4 93 53 15 15
28 Avenue de Valombrose - 06107 NICE Cedex 2 - FRANCE