[Zope] Session Mgmt. with Session Id Manager

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 08:38:40 -0400

Thanks for the info. When we got thinking about it, we determined that =
issue
with the new Session stuff.

The odd thing with SQLSession is that it would force two logins and
sometimes several hard refreshes to keep the data from the session; or =
get
it to  display on the page. Logout by clearing the session still =
allowed one
to go right back to the page and get the data back.

I tried putting all the SQLSessioning parts in the standard_header. =
When any
page loaded, it verifies they are logged in and sets a few REQUEST =
variables
used by the rest of the page and does a database pull to get other =
data. If
I logged in, it said, "OK, you are logged in..." Then when you clicked =
to go
to the next page, the login link appeared meaning the session variable =
for
the user was not found. Login again...and it would stick. Click a link =
pull some database data based on that user id and you would have to =
login
again. Back and forth.

So, for now, I just switched to using Zope users and pulling the =
database
stuff based on that and their role. Works well for now.=20

One thing I liked (and have as a requirement for this project) is the
ability of a new user to create an account. I have not done this
programmatically with DTML but would like to. Anyone care to offer any
pointers??

Thanks

Allen