R: [Zope] Users email

Harry Wilkinson harryw@nipltd.com
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:01:44 +0100

Using CMF, you don't need to use any special user folder to store member
data.  The standard portal_memberdata tool will store this kind of stuff in
the ZODB.

You can call the setMemberProperties method on a member object to set any
kind of properties.  I have a feeling 'email' is actually a required property
for CMF members.

Are you adding members to the site through the CMF site itself, or are you
just using the acl_users in the Zope management interface?  It sounds like
you're using the ZMI to me.

What you are looking for is basically what CMF members are - a wrapper around
a user object with some additional data tacked-on.

Harry