[Zope] Not enough space to pack data.fs

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:11:13 +0200

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:23:23 +0200 "Roel Van den Bergh"
<roel@planetinterior.com> wrote:

> When I check Zope/var there is a Data.fs.pack file but no Data.fs.old as
> there should be after packing.

have you checked that your /var directory has enough space left on its
partition... maybe it's running out of space (some distros have wired
partion-policies). you can check it with a 'df'.

> BTW We will reach the 2GB Limit of Zope soon, can we work around this with
> MountedFileStorage or ZEO on one server?

there's no such limit on zope. it's a python
compiled-to-be-compatible-with-all-the-world limit! if you use the
binary-installation of zope, you get an python with this 2GB limit. change to
source installation and use your own compiled python-interpreter than 2 GB
should be no problem.

greetings, maik.

--
maik jablonski                    http://www.sachunterricht-online.de