[Zope] Re: Problem in the code, XUFTOOLS

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:54:41 +0300

Harry Wilkinson wrote:

> I see what you mean about the properties mapping I think, Heimo.  Does =
it=20
> cause a problem?
>=20
> Changing the value to a string is probably not a good idea if you want =
to=20
> store more complex data structures in a property, but for most uses it=20
> shouldn't make much difference, if any.  XUF pickles everything anyway =
before=20
> storing it I think, or at least with the SQL propsources it does.

Yep. I noticed. That bad hack was needed to correct atleast for now=20
the unpickable errors that came, when I tried to use XUF Tools. I=20
haven=E4t yet studied that really further, but I believe the problem is=20
that in XUFTools you put the whole mapping into properties -- hence=20
causing also not pickable object to go into pickle and causing the error.

So mapping it to a string is just a quick hack to help me get by until=20
I or you can see it corrected for real. You haven't had any problems=20
like what I just described?

-huima