[Zope] student folders

Bill Kerr kerrb@senet.com.au
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 10:54:58 +0930

Jerome Alet wrote:-

> On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Bill Kerr wrote:
> > I'm a school teacher and want to set up a folder structure of users in
> > Zope consisting of school class names, such as 12ITSAS, and then
> > individual folders at the next level down for each individual student,
> > Student1, Student2, Student3 etc.
> >
> > I would like the students to have read only and copy rights at the
> > 12ITSAS level folder and manager rights in their individual, Student1,
> > Student2 folders.
> >
> > In that way I can provide them with resources within the 12ITSAS folder
> > that they can't change at that level but which they can copy and change
> > at the level of their folders.
> >
> > I can't see how to do that efficiently using the Zope security model.
> > When I provide students with Manager rights at the level of their
> > individual folders (Student1, Student2 etc) then they can't access the
> > 12ITSAS folder because that is at a higher level. And of course if I
> > give them Manager rights at the 12ITSAS folder level then they can
> > modify what I supply them and invade each others folders.
>
> define all your students at the level above, with no roles, then give them
> different local roles (security tab) on the different sub-folders.

 thanks
 I've set that up as you suggest, but I called the "no roles" role
readAndCopy
 basically I copied Anonymous permissions but added in 'View Management
Screen'
 it sort of works but one concern is that students can see and look inside
each others folders (but can't change the contents of each others folders)
 how could I set it up so they can't see each others folders?
- Bill Kerr