[Zope] Problem Creating Instances Mysteriously Solved

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 20:15:51 +0100

Dan Shafer wrote:

> I'm going to wait a day or so and see if anyone jumps in who disagrees with
> your assessment but if, as I suspect, you are right, then I'm going to be
> outta here and finding a better solution to my Web application needs.

Hmmm, better solution meaning non-Zope? Well, that, of course, was not my
intention :-)

My beef with ZClasses is that I just never seem to find a need for them. All you
really need are very dumb data objects (I tend to use DTML Documents, although
any PropertyManager will do...) and Python Scripts and ZPT...

If you can explain a bit more about your app I'd be happy to give some pointers
on how I'd tackle it. NB: This may, of course, not be the _right_ way, but...

cheers,

Chris