[Zope] Python MySQL Database Interface

dman dman@dman.ddts.net
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 23:47:31 -0500

On Tue, Apr 23, 2002 at 10:04:11AM +0530, Surajit Sengupta wrote:
| Hello,
| We r using MySQL as backend and working with ZOPE, Python..I was
| looking for a PYTHON, MySQL Database Interface and got it from Zope
| Site addr:
|     http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/MySQLdb
|
| But after downloading the same and running the setup I faced some
| probs and came out with solution and at least the setup run
| successfully. But as per the examples in the document, I should get
| a _MySQL.py file which is the wrapper of the C adapter file _MySQL.C
| which I didn't get. What should I do and what r the required steps.
| If anyone have Idea about it please please help me out of this
| problem.
|
| Looking for a quick reply

A quick reply :
    apt-get install python-mysqldb

(or just plain "apt-get install zope-mysqlda" and the deps will be
taken care of)

A not-so-quick reply :

What OS/distro are you using zope on?  (I know Outlook Express doesn't
run on Debian)  In any case you need to find the python bindings to
the mysql client libs and add them to your python installation.  If
you're using MS Windows you can use the ODBC stuff as long as you
install the mysql windows odbc driver and set up your data sources
accordingly.  I have no experience doing that, however, and wouldn't
trust windows for a server either.

HTH,
-D

--

"Don't use C;  In my opinion,  C is a library programming language
 not an app programming language."  - Owen Taylor (GTK+ developer)