[Zope] Bug in BTreeFolder 0.2 (Was: Debian and FreePM)

Tille, Andreas TilleA@rki.de
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:36:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Brian Walker wrote:

> Error type: system error
> Error value: failed to import system class _ZClass_ for_BTreeFolder from
> module Products.BTreeFolder
>
> It must be something simple - but I have failed on searching to find the
> solution.
I just spended 15min of time to build an INOFFICIAL Debian package of
BTreeFolder which you can find at:

     http://auric.debian.org/~tille/zope-btreefolder/

I found out that there seems to be an upstream bug which is easy to fix
in my opinion - but I have currently no time.  Perhaps some Zopistas could
have a look.

You can create a BTreeFolder, but if you enter the folder, you get no
valid list for "Select type to add.".  Instead all types to select are
printed *after* the list.  Smells after some not closed tag in the dtml
text.  Just send me a patch and the Debian package will be usable soon.

> On copying directories from ~/FreePM/lib/python/Products to
> /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products I found that some directories already
> existed - I did not copy into these. I may have overwritten the __init__.py
> and pyc files.
I have no idea what's the problem with these.

> ZClasses is in /usr/lib/zope/lib/python, and BTreeFolder is in
> /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Products
>
> Can anyone shed light on the matter?
Just try to fix dtml part and if you like the package I will make it
official (or just look for an official maintainer for it).

Kind regards

         Andreas.