[Zope] Cookie problem

Dennis Allison allison@sumeru.stanford.EDU
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:34:01 -0700 (PDT)

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

I am working on a site where the screen is divided into a pair of frames
-- a left index frame and a workspace frame.  The left index consists of
links
which select pages to be loaded into the workspace. The target pages need
to know the index that selected them.  Workspace selection is many one.

I wrote a small python script that takes a parameter, plants the parameter
value as a cookie, and then redirects to URL1.  The links in the left
index frame thus look like

The setCookie script is very simple

request = container.REQUEST
RESPONSE =  request.RESPONSE
RESPONSE.setCookie('myCookie', cookievalue )
RESPONSE.redirect(request.URL1)

The results are mixed.  I constructed a little test case and have tried it
on four different browsers.  It works on some and not on others.  All
redirect to the right place, but some of the browsers don't set the
cookie on the flyB.

This is all running on a vanilla Zope 2.5 installation using Zope's native
server.

Wisdom and suggestions for a workaround greatly appreciated.  Using this
technique will greatly simplify the site.