[Zope] Bug in BTreeFolder 0.2 (Was: Debian and FreePM)

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:54:46 -0700

It should be said that this bypasses security machinery, etc, by not using
the ObjectManager interfaces.

I don't think that BTreeFolder was ever positioned as much more than
something to subclass, which is likely the right way to do the UI for it.
For example, I'm storing several hundred thousand objects in a BTreeFolder
derived container, and I decided that the only way to have a decent UI was
certainly not to use any of the ObjectManager stuff, and use a catalog to
find objects, replacing the listbox UI with a search screen.

Sean

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Guettler [mailto:zopestoller@thomas-guettler.de]
Sent: Wednesday, April 24, 2002 4:58 AM
To: Tille, Andreas
Cc: Zope user list; FreePM list
Subject: Re: [Zope] Bug in BTreeFolder 0.2 (Was: Debian and FreePM)

Tille, Andreas wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Brian Walker wrote:
>

>>Error type: system error
>>Error value: failed to import system class _ZClass_ for_BTreeFolder from
>>module Products.BTreeFolder
>>
>>It must be something simple - but I have failed on searching to find the
>>solution.
>>
> I just spended 15min of time to build an INOFFICIAL Debian package of
> BTreeFolder which you can find at:
>
>      http://auric.debian.org/~tille/zope-btreefolder/
>
> I found out that there seems to be an upstream bug which is easy to fix
> in my opinion - but I have currently no time.  Perhaps some Zopistas could
> have a look.

I think I mailed the upstream author some month ago, but I got no response.
Would
be nice if it could get fixed in the upstream.

BTW, the documentation should mention that _setOb and _setObject behave very
different.
_setOb uses the btree store and _setObject uses the normal Folder store.
Thus _setOb is
what you want.

thomas