[Zope] DTML type casting?

hans hans@beehive.de
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:27:47 +0100

davis marques wrote:

> >So it seems that this should do the job:
> >
> >       <dtml-if "ProjectID in projectfiles.fileIds()">
> >             The directory "&dtml-ProjectID;" exists
> >       <dtml-else>
> >             "&dtml-ProjectID;" does not exist
> >       </dtml-if>
>
> I've tried the above already and it didn't work.  The only way it works
> right now is if I manually enter a string to match (ex. '202006').
> ProjectID is the name of a field being pulled from a database query. I'm
> wondering if I somehow have to cast it as a string, or ?

If ProjectID is not a string, yes. _.int(ProjectID)
there is no "type"-concept in python, but in databases

hans

Who's got only a hammer sees the world as a nail
hans augustin  (software developer)           hans@beehive.de
beehive elektronische medien GmbH       http://www.beehive.de
phone: +49 30 847-82 0                  fax: +49 30 847-82 299