[Zope] Zope 2.5.0, thread stack issues

Geoff Gerrietts geoff@gerrietts.net
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:58:32 -0700

Quoting Chris Withers (chrisw@nipltd.com):
> Geoff Gerrietts wrote:
> >
> > I'm in the process of moving a site from a (much) earlier release of
> > Zope, up to 2.5.whatever. In making this migration, I have encountered
> > a problem with segmentation faults and spontaneous Zope restarts that
> > sounds an awful lot like the problems some BSD users were encountering
> > earlier.
>
> Please ensure you're using Python 2.1.3 and Zope 2.5.1 to ensure you're not just
> experiencing some common crash bugs which have recently been fixed...

I am using 2.1.3 and 2.5.1. The problem also shows up on Zope 2.4.4.

Our Data.fs is huge (180MB) and our site is pretty complicated, so
it's conceivable that we may still be causing a thread stack problem
(though I judge it unlikely). That's why I'm asking after diagnostic
clues, not solutions. I would like to rule out thread stack problems
as early as possible, and start focussing on other issues, if in fact
I can.

Thanks,
--G.

--
Geoff Gerrietts                                 <geoff at gerrietts net>
"A man can't be too careful in the choice of his enemies." --Oscar Wilde