[Zope] Faster ZCatalog Searches (better? Optimized?)

BZ bz@bwanazulia.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:26:39 -0400

Now that one of my ZUBB boards is over 5,000 messages I am noticing
where some of the slowdowns are. In my tests I have found that it is
the <dtml-in statement and cycle that is bogging things down. In
taking a look at Zope.org search through their ZCatalog they use a
different code:

ZUBB:
<dtml-in "searchResults(in_reply_to=[''])" size=batch_size reverse
sort=id start=query_start>

Zope.org:
<!--#with "_(results =
doCatalogQuery(textindex_operator='and',REQUEST=REQUEST))"-->

Is one better than the other? Is there something else that could be
slowing down these searches?

Thanks,
BZ